Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
For the safety and convenience of our Branchville Elementary families, we’ve instituted procedures to manage the influx of traffic during our daily arrival and dismissal times. Please familiarize yourself with the following:
Kiss and Drive
Our transportation services are available to most children within our district. For specific information about bus schedules or routes, please visit our district’s Transportation page. If you opt to not have your child ride the bus (or live close enough they can walk), please note the following information about our Kiss and Drive option.
- Parents may drop their children off at school using our rear parking lot between 8:25 a.m. and 8:35 a.m.
- Please hug the perimeter of the basketball court, and pull forward to the front cone where a staff member will help your child unload.
Using the Front Parking Lot
It is much safer (and less congested) if you use our Kiss and Drive option for morning arrivals. However, if you must drop off your child(ren) before 8:25 a.m., please use our front parking lot, as a staff member will not be available in the rear.
- If you are delivering your child during the time buses are also dropping off students, please park your car in the parking lot by entering to the left. Then walk your child to the entrance via the crosswalk.
- Do not pass buses while in the delivery lane.
- Do not park between the orange cones.
- Use only designated parking spaces.
- Drive slowly, and stay alert!
Walkers and Picking Up
If you are picking up a child at the end of the school day, please do not linger in the hallways. Instead move immediately to the gymnasium to collect your child. Remember:
- All “walkers” (children picked up by their parents) must have a blue transportation pass that specifies this arrangement.
- Park in our rear parking lot, and enter the school via the rear gym doors.
- Teachers are available to ensure our students’ safety; this is not the time to discuss student achievement or classroom behavior.
- Students use this lot for recess, so do not park in the school’s rear lot during the school day or prior to 3:25 p.m.
Picking up Early
Students may not leave the school premises during the day unless properly excused. If you need to dismiss your child from school early for an appointment or family emergency, please complete a blue transportation pass, and note the following.
- Do not attempt to pick up your child from the classroom. Come to our front office and sign them out. Our teachers will release students with their backpacks to meet you at the front office.
- If you must pick up your child without prior notification, please do so before 3:15 p.m., when we begin end-of-the-day announcements.