Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
For the safety and convenience of our Branchville Elementary families, we’ve instituted procedures to manage the influx of traffic during our daily arrival and dismissal times. Please familiarize yourself with the following:
Kiss and Drive (Morning Parent Drop-Off)
Our transportation services are available to most children within our district. For specific information about bus schedules or routes, please visit our district’s Transportation page. If you opt to not have your child ride the bus, please note the following information about our Kiss and Drive option.
This alternative allows you to drop-off students without getting out of the car since Kiss and Drive is fully-supervised and designed for a quick and safe drop-off. For the safety of both students and staff, proceed carefully and slowly through the back lot. Please have your child exit when your car is in the front of the line. Parents may drop their children off at school in the front of the building between 8:30 a.m. and 8:40 a.m.
- Please do not drop off prior to 8:30 a.m. as there is no supervision at that time.
Using the Front Parking Lot if you Miss Kiss and Drive
It is much safer (and less congested) if you use our Kiss and Drive option for morning arrivals. However, if you miss this Kiss and Drive window, please park in the front lot and walk your child across a designated crosswalk to the sidewalk. Please do not park in a handicapped parking spot unless you have the appropriate tags for these designated locations. If you choose to drive your child to school in the morning and park in the front of the building, we ask that you kindly use one of the two crosswalks. Crossing near the entrance rather than at the crosswalk can be particularly dangerous as cars and buses enter the lot. When crossing, please remember to physically escort your child to the sidewalk each morning. While the front parking lot has supervision, teachers are primarily focused on students getting off the bus. It is a parent’s responsibility to bring students to the sidewalk. We can ensure their safe entry into the building at this point. Please be aware of staff members who are getting out of their cars and crossing into work.
- If you are delivering your child during the time buses are also dropping off students, please park your car in the parking lot by entering to the left. Then walk your child to the entrance via the crosswalk.
- Do not pass buses while in the delivery lane.
- Do not park between the orange cones.
- Use only designated parking spaces.
- Drive slowly and stay alert!
Parent pick-up takes place in the front of the building.
- Please approach BES from the north (Florida Hill direction) rather than from 102/Branchville Rd. Please print the Parent Pick Up Sign to place against your windshield on the drivers side of the car. Please complete this in bold, dark marker. When all have this against the window it helps the process move along.
- Here is a copy of the template should you wish to type on it: Parent Pick Up Sign
- Please be sure to update School Dismissal Manager by 10:30 a.m.
- Please help us by encouraging your child to look for your car, and to come forward when an adult calls her/his name.
- If you have not done so, please review the map and share with anyone who may pick up your child.
Picking up Early
Early pick-ups happen until 2:40 p.m. at the front of the school. Please see the security guard at the main entrance to the school.