Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
For the safety and convenience of our Branchville Elementary families, we’ve instituted procedures to manage the influx of traffic during our daily arrival and dismissal times. Please familiarize yourself with the following:
Kiss and Drive (Morning Parent Drop-Off)
Our transportation services are available to most children within our district. For specific information about bus schedules or routes, please visit our district’s Transportation page. If you opt to not have your child ride the bus, please note the following information about our Kiss and Drive option.
This alternative allows you to drop-off students without getting out of the car since Kiss and Drive is fully-supervised and designed for a quick and safe drop-off. For the safety of both students and staff, proceed carefully and slowly through the back lot. Please have your child exit when your car is in the front of the line. Parents may drop their children off at school using our rear parking lot between 8:25 a.m. and 8:35 a.m.
- Please do not drop off prior to 8:25 a.m. as there is no supervision at that time.
Using the Front Parking Lot if you Miss Kiss and Drive
It is much safer (and less congested) if you use our Kiss and Drive option for morning arrivals. However, if you miss this Kiss and Drive window, please park in the front lot and walk your child across a designated crosswalk to the sidewalk. Please do not park in a handicapped parking spot unless you have the appropriate tags for these designated locations. If you choose to drive your child to school in the morning and park in the front of the building, we ask that you kindly use one of the two crosswalks. Crossing near the entrance rather than at the crosswalk can be particularly dangerous as cars and buses enter the lot. When crossing, please remember to physically escort your child to the sidewalk each morning. While the front parking lot has supervision, teachers are primarily focused on students getting off the bus. It is a parent’s responsibility to bring students to the sidewalk. We can ensure their safe entry into the building at this point. Please be aware of staff members who are getting out of their cars and crossing into work.
- If you are delivering your child during the time buses are also dropping off students, please park your car in the parking lot by entering to the left. Then walk your child to the entrance via the crosswalk.
- Do not pass buses while in the delivery lane.
- Do not park between the orange cones.
- Use only designated parking spaces.
- Drive slowly and stay alert!
Parent pick-up takes place in our gym. We do ask if you don’t enter the back lot, please do not linger in the hallways or at the security desk. Instead move immediately to the gymnasium to collect your child.
- All parent pick-ups must be on School Dismissal Manager. If you will not be picking up your child, please specify on SDM who will.
- You need to log in to make an exception for your child’s dismissal by 10:30 a.m. if he or she will not take the regularly scheduled bus home (the home bus is the default for all students.)
- Park in our rear parking lot and enter the school via the rear gym doors.
- Teachers are available to ensure our students’ safety. This is not the time to discuss student achievement or classroom behavior.
- Please do not leave with your child without making sure a teacher has seen you.
- Students use this lot for recess, so do not park in the school’s rear lot during the school day or prior to 3:25 p.m.
Picking up Early
Students may not leave the school premises during the day unless properly excused. If you need to dismiss your child from school early for an appointment or family emergency, please complete School Dismissal Manager and note the following.
- Do not attempt to pick-up your child from the classroom. Come to our front office and sign them out. Our teachers will release students with their backpacks to meet you at the front office.
- For early dismissals, please specify early pick-up time and who will pick up on SDM.
- Early pick-ups happen until 3:10 p.m. in the main office. After 3:10 p.m., we ask that you pick up in the gym at 3:20 p.m. and do not report to the office.
- For appointments with return to school on SDM, please list their pick-up time and return dismissal plan.